ANNUAL AND MONTHLY ACCOUNTS
Modern business demands up-to-date, accurate financial information. We can relieve you and your staff of the enormous burden of all your bookkeeping and accounting requirements, including the preparation of your annual accounts and periodic management accounts for tax, business appraisal, planning purposes, and more.
We will discuss your requirements with you and provide information relevant to your particular situation, as well as constructive advice, on a regular basis.
TAXATION AND TAX PLANNING
At Better Business Accountants we offer a full range of taxation services. Our taxation consulting division is nationally recognised and we offer advice based on proven knowledge and experience. Our proactive approach ensures we deliver consistent service and build solid relationships that stand the test of time.
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Preparing personal and company tax returns
- Advice on tax payments
- GST/FBT/ACC obligations
- Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any IRD audits or disputes
OFFICE DUTIES AND PAYROLL SERVICES
Here at Better Business Accountants we understand that day-to-day office duties are not everyone's cup of tea. We are happy to help you out with some or all of these services:
- Processing wages
- Paying creditors and processing payments
- Collecting and banking debts
- Various secretarial tasks
Administering your payroll can be time-consuming and divert you from your core business activities. Added to this, payroll and employment legislation are growing increasingly complex.
We can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive, confidential payroll service that includes:
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYE, statutory sick pay, and annual leave
- IR-filing to the IRD
- Summaries and analysis of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and termination payments
Even if you only have a few employees, you will save by engaging us to administer your payroll.
FRINGE BENEFIT TAX (FBT)
The rules for FBT payments change on a regular basis. At Better Business Accountants we keep up to date with the latest tax trends, enabling us to provide accurate advice on preparing FBT returns. We can also advise on the FBT consequences of proposals you intend to make, ensuring you make informed decisions.
Rather than paying excessive amounts of FBT, let the experts answer your tax queries. We can help you develop and complete the administration for a cost-effective employee benefit plan.
GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (GST)
GST legislation is an area we know like the back of our hand. We can offer accurate, timely assistance in several areas, including:
- Registration queries
- Preparing GST returns
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- IRD audit assistance
- Specialist events involving GST — Eg sale or purchase of property
At Better Business Accountants, we offer clients the option of being your agent for ACC purposes. ACC invoices may not always be correct and therefore you can end up paying more for your ACC levies than you need to.
The types of errors that we find are:
- Wrong classification rates used, resulting in incorrect charging
- Incorrect liable earnings information
- Not splitting the income to allow for the different types of work carried out by the various business owners
- Incorrect charging of levies where changes have been made to the business structure
We have also found, where a recommendation has been made to clients to consider alternative ACC products, that some clients have not followed up on that advice and are therefore not maximising the opportunities offered by the ACC legislation.
One of the services our firm offers clients is an ACC Administration and Advisory service. This involves our firm acting as your agent for all your ACC related matters. The advantages to you are:
- All ACC related information will come to us
- We will review the invoices and ensure they are correct
- We will advise you immediately of payments due
- You can rest assured in the knowledge that your levies are correct, and have been minimized
- We will advise you on the best options available to you for your ACC cover
- We will keep you up to date with any changes in ACC legislation that may affect you